- Remind'em is a free send reminder app that helps you to remind your contacts via setting up reminders in their phone. In order to give you the best possible experience, we collect and store some certain information that lets us tailor our services best. To synchronize and backup everything between your devices we need to store, including but not limited to, your email address, IP, the alarms, your devices and settings on our servers. The transmission of the data is secured with HTTPS and we do our best to secure this data from any third party.
- Occasionally we will send anonymous data to help us determine problems and future features.
Collection of Information
The Geek Salad may collect the following kinds of information in order to best serve your needs, in accordance with the services that we offer:
1. Provided Information from Users
2. Subscriptions, Purchases, or other Transactions
When you use the Services to make a purchase or complete a transaction, you may be asked to share certain personal information in addition to what you have provided upon opening your account. Additionally, other information may be required to complete the transaction. This information will be requested on a case by case basis and will be saved only upon your express confirmation in order to enhance your experience using our Services. We may use this information to assist in the successful completion of the transaction, to analyze and provide feedback on the Services, to ensure a safe transaction free of credit or other fraud, or to better our customer service efforts.
3. Information Storage and Logs
Every time you use the Services, information that your mobile browser sends is automatically recorded by our servers in logs. The information included in these logs may include your IP (Internet Protocol) address, IMEI number, location, usage analytics, type of browser and version, language, cookies, session records and the time and date you accessed the Services.
4. Communications from Users
So that we are able to answer your questions and requests as thoroughly as possible, we may keep emails or other communications you send to us.
5. Actions in Public and Community Areas
Information that you or other users display, write, or post in the public areas of the Services becomes public information when it is posted. The Geek Salad cannot control how this information is used when it is disclosed in group postings, message boards, user forums, chat functions or others channels. Please be aware of your communications in these venues and refrain from disclosing private information or information you do not want made public. In these areas, be careful as to not release your name or other private information because this content is available to others. MESSAGE BOARD POSTINGS, EMAILS, AND OTHER SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS YOU PROVIDE IN THESE AREAS WILL BE TREATED AS NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY. SHOULD YOU USE YOUR REAL NAME, IT WILL BE INDEXED BY SEARCH ENGINES AND WILL BE DISCOVERABLE BY ANYONE USING THE WORLD WIDE WEB.
6. Delivery of Advertisements
In order to improve our service and gain information on customer usage, we may present links in a manner that allows us to monitor if the link has been followed. This can be done through an automatic redirect, or through a special URL. The information we gather from these links is used to make our search return more relevant results, as well as to customize our content.
8. Information Usage
9. Global Use of the Services
The Geek Salad is a global service. Therefore, The Geek Salad stores and processes the information gathered on servers located in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own Services. In some cases, we may process personal information for the purpose and according to the instructions of a third party for the purpose of providing the Services. These Services are hosted in the United States and is intended for United States visitors. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer. When you provide personal data to The Geek Salad or our service providers or vendors, you consent to the processing of your data in the United States as the Service is operated in the United States. Further Explanation of Policies Regarding Sharing Information to Partners and Other Companies We may share information to our partners and other companies as described above or under the following limited circumstances:
- • When we believe in good faith that using or disclosing your information is necessary in order to uphold applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests, and when we must enforce the The Geek Salad's Terms of Service. This includes instances when we may need to investigate potential violations of these agreements, detect and prevent fraud, and address issues pertaining to the security of the Services. This also includes instances when we may need to protect against harm to the property, rights, and safety of The Geek Salad, its users and the public as required by law.
- • When The Geek Salad shares non-personal information to partners and third parties. This information does not include personal details or identify individuals. It may include statistics of application usage, number of users as well as search data.
Transmission of Data and Information over the Internet